14th Annual PRC and Howard University Career Fair
The PR Council is pleased to announce our 14th annual PRC/Howard University Career Fair, to be held on Wednesday, March 7, 2018. We expect to have over 50 prescreened candidates with a demonstrated interest in internships and full time positions in public relations attending. We urge you to take advantage of this opportunity to find highly-qualified, diverse candidates.
The deadline for firm registration is Tuesday, January 16. To register, contact Donna Renella at DRenella@donnarenella.com.
Howard Job Fair Information:
Location: The Interdisciplinary Research Building, 2201 Georgia Ave NW, Washington 20059
Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Time: 10 am to 3 pm
Cost: There is NO CHARGE for Council members to attend this event
Process: Resumes will be available online for review for each participating firm. Agencies can select candidates to interview, or interview candidates on a “walk in” basis. Scheduled interviews will be slotted for twenty minute meetings. Firms may have more than one schedule.
- January 16 – deadline for firms to sign up
- January 16 – deadline for firms to submit a one page PDF that can be distributed to the participating students
- January 30 – online access to resumes for interview selection
- February 16 – deadline to submit names of candidates selected for interviews and confirm the number of schedules requested
- February 28 – receive interview schedules from the Office of Career Development, Cathy Hughes School of Communications, Howard University
- Howard University is the only Traditional Black College to be accredited by the Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications.
- The Howard University Office of Career Development for the Cathy Hughes School of Communications invites other colleges such as Spelman, Florida A&M, Temple and Clark to participate.
- Student participants are advised that most participating firms will not know their hiring needs for the spring/summer of 2018 and internship deadlines may has passed for some agencies, but all will interview for future internship and full-time opportunities.
If you have any questions or to register to participate, please contact Donna Renella at DRenella@donnarenella.com
Date: March 07