PR Council Members enjoy the benefits of ICCO, the International Communications Consultancy Organisation.
The ICCO membership comprises national trade associations (including the PRC) representing 54 countries across the globe in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East. the Americas and Australia. Collectively, these associations represent over 2,500 consultancies world-wide.
In 2019, ICCO is focusing on three business priorities that are very relevant to our Members:
Priority #1: Raise professional and ethical standards of the public relations industry
- Ethics campaign #PowerofEthics
- In September 2018 ICCO launched a #PowerofEthics campaign. ICCO, along with national associations, shared content on important topics including data privacy, fake news, addressing client practices, and standing up against damaging propaganda. It was inspiring to see the traction and response to this global celebration of ethics in our industry.
- Making this campaign a permanent annual fixture globally can enable us drive attention towards continually evolving ethical questions and raise awareness of the Helsinki Declaration principles.
- Please mark your calendars now for this September to include a #PowerofEthics campaign.
Priority #2: Shape the future of public relations
- 2018 Global Summit
- This annual event continues to be one of the most important gatherings of ICCO members worldwide. The 2018 summit theme was “Shaping the Future.” More than 200 attendees met in Dublin last October to hear speakers from over 25 different countries on the very latest industry challenges: combating mistrust, CEO activism, harnessing data science, convergence and internal communication.
- A new members-only access area on the ICCO website allows us to share content and resources easily and securely, including award-winning campaign case studies and thought leadership pieces. This hub of information and expertise will launch in Q1 2019.
- Professional development and training
- Over 70 online webinars courses with highly qualified vetted trainers have been made available for 2019, including practical skills like using video in social media; strategic courses like crisis management, and basic skills like measurement and evaluation. The new, more accessible ICCO Diploma was launched in 2018, with courses and assessment all taking place online.
Priority #3: Increase visibility for the role and value of public relations among decision-makers
- Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity
- ICCO is the official sponsor of Young PR Lions, which develops the next generation of talent. The House of PR at the festival, a hub for the PR community, last year hosted 14 events, 21 interviews across video and podcast, as well as the annual CEO de-brief with the Holmes Report. PR has a huge opportunity to position itself as a leader in creativity, as various communications disciplines jostle for position, which is why in 2019 ICCO is encouraging more entries and will be hosting a larger space for the PR industry hub.
A more complete list of benefits can be found here.← Back