The PR Council is proud to announce a new initiative, aptly named The SHEQUALITY Project, designed to help women executives rise in the ranks of public relations agencies. SHEQUALITY aims to create a consistent pipeline of strong female leaders, mentors and allies, to engender more women leaders, and to achieve equality in the top positions at PR firms of all sizes.
The initiative was sparked by female board members of the PR Council committed to seeing more women achieve success by sharing the tools, knowledge and pathways to help them reach career goals. The SHEQUALITY Project committee is led by Maureen Lippe, CEO of Lippe Taylor, who said “This started out as a desire to bring top women leaders together to network and has turned into a powerful and relevant program for executive women in the PR industry. We are all very excited and committed to making this new program a great success.”
The SHEQUALITY mandate is to build women’s skills, advocate for an environment of equality regarding gender pay, career opportunities and financial backing/funding, as well as to create more champions for women in the PR workforce. Specific activities under The SHEQUALITY Project’s umbrella are regional networking dinners, workshops and events and content creation to raise awareness and educate others on the topic including a video produced by the film team at Weber Shandwick.
Members of the The SHEQUALITY Project committee are:
- Karen van Bergen, CEO, Omnicom Public Relations Group
- Dale Bornstein, M Booth
- Jennifer Cohan, President, Edelman New York
- Virginia Devlin, Founder & President, Current Marketing
- Sandra Fathi, President, Affect
- Gail Heimann, President, Weber Shandwick
- Maureen Lippe, CEO, Lippe Taylor
- Barri Rafferty, Partner & President, Ketchum
- Barby Siegel, CEO, Zeno Group
- Renee Wilson, President, PR Council