As the leading trade association designed to empower the present and next generation of communications professionals, industry innovators and business leaders, the PR Council is committed to ensuring students get opportunities to showcase their work in front of the top communications agencies in the country.
To help foster the next generation of student talent, the PR Council is proud to announce our Student Innovation Challenge, which asks current collegiate students to create a video and communications campaign on one of two topics.
Submissions will be reviewed by the PR Council and a winner chosen by our Board of Directors, CEOs and owners of our member agencies. The winning team will receive $1000, a trip to New York City and recognition in front of agency and corporate leaders at the PR Council Annual Dinner & Diversity Distinction Awards on September 14, 2017.
How to Enter
In teams of two, create a 2-minute video that discusses one of the topics below and how you would create a campaign to address it and spread awareness.
- Create a campaign that addresses and discusses “unity in diversity” in America
- How would you create and sustain a lasting movement for diversity and inclusion on your school campus?
Your submission will be judged on how effectively you communicate your idea, the strategy you chose and your creativity – show us a new way to think about it!
- Communication: How well was the issue and its importance effectively communicated? Was there a clear call to action?
- Strategy: Was the PR plan comprehensive? Did it establish goals, define audience(s) and utilize an appropriate mix of tactics and channels?
- Creativity: Was the video and/or strategy bold and different? Did it raise awareness around the issue with a unique approach?
Please also include a one-page description of your plan that includes measurable objectives and any research or resources you used to support your actions. The categories to use for your one-page description are: Background, Research, Creative Idea, Tactics & Execution, and Measurement (how you will measure the results).
Timing & Submission
Entries are open from March 15-June 15, 2017.
Please email your entry to [email protected].← Back