About the Episode
Your future success rests on your shoulders. This week Lee shares some of her favorite moments with Sandra Fathi, Karen van Bergen, Kimberly Eberl, Maureen Lippe, and Soon Mee Kim. You can take control of your career today…so what’s standing in your way?
- Learn how to stop sabotaging yourself.
- Say yes to projects even if you feel you’re only 60% qualified! Women often hold themselves back by not going for opportunities unless they feel they are 100% qualified. Go for it!
- Network the hell out of your life! Your life and your career will be richer and filled with more opportunity when you have a well-nurtured network who will act on your behalf. You just have to ask them.
- Ask for what you think you deserve.
- Line up your career with what you care about. When we know our “Why?” we all do better.
- How Women Decide: What’s True, What’s Not, and What Strategies Spark the Best Choices by Therese Houston
- Athena Rising: How and Why Men Should Mentor Women by W. Brad Johnson
Sandra Fathi, President and Founder of Affect
Karen van Bergen, CEO of Omnicom Public Relations Group
Kimberly Eberl, CEO and Founder of Motion
Maureen Lippe, Founder and CEO of Lippe Taylor
Soon Mee Kim, EVP & Global Diversity and Inclusion Leader for Porter Novelli
ABOUT THE HOST
Lee Caraher, CEO of Double Forte, a national PR & Digital Communications Firm, is on the PR Council’s Board of Directors.
An acclaimed communication strategist, she’s known for her practical solutions to big problems. She founded Double Forte in 2002, after learning the ropes at The Weber Group, MSL/LA, and WeberShandwick, she also served 5 years as VP, Communications & Customer Service at SEGA. She founded Double Forte in 2002 and hasn’t looked back since.
Lee’s the author of two business leadership books, Millennials & Management and The Boomerang Principle. She is also the host of the career advice podcast MillennialMinded.
Listen to episodes:
Episode 1: Renee Wilson, President, PR Council
Episode 4: Gail Heimann, President of Weber Shandwick
Episode 5: Dale Bornstein, CEO, M Booth
Episode 7: Jennifer Cohan, President, New York, Edelman
Episode 10: Julie Batliner, President, Carmichael Lynch
Episode 13: Heidi Hovland, CEO, DeVries Global
Episode 14: Barbara Bates, Global CEO, Hotwire
Episode 15: Maggie Zeman, SVP & GM New York, Double Forte
Episode 16: Sabrina Horn, Senior Advisor, Finn Partners
Episode 20: Helen Shelton, Senior Partner, Finn Partners
Episode 23: Barri Rafferty, CEO, Ketchum
Episode 27: Bill Orr, Chief Strategy Officer, Double Forte
Episode 29: Kim Sample, President, PR Council
Episode 32: What Can You Do to Take Control of Your Career (Best of SHEQUALITY)
Stay tuned for episodes from