Exclusively for PR Council Members
Due to capacity, this workshop will be limited to TWO representatives per agency.
PLEASE NOTE: THE WORKSHOP WILL RUN ON CONSECUTIVE DAYS: JANUARY 25 AND JANUARY 26, AND WILL BE HELD EACH DAY FROM 12:30 P.M. – 3:00 P.M. ET.
People are the single biggest asset of a PR firm, and the relationship between individuals and their managers has always been one of the most important drivers of professional gratification, motivation and performance. In a remote or hybrid environment, the manager role requires even greater empathy to connect with teams and foster collaboration.
Our highly acclaimed Becoming a People Manager training is back, as two 2 ½ hour sessions on consecutive days. Content includes insights and techniques for managing remotely in a dramatically changed corporate environment. Facilitated discussions, white-boarding sessions and break-out groups will ensure engagement and mastery.
Workshop participants will learn to:
- Exude confidence in roles as people managers
- Meaningfully engage with diverse team members, management and peers
- Deliver team-driven, innovative and on-time results for clients
- Provide critical feedback that doesn’t demotivate
- Prepare for and engage in tough conversations about individual, team or client relationship success
- Participants in this workshop include employees managing others for the first time and those seeking more formal managerial training specific to the agency environment. All levels are welcome.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Beryl Loeb has worked with agencies for over 30 years and has a deep understanding of the demands of a client-service business. This means that her content, exercises and facilitated discussion are 100% relevant for PR agency professionals. She has created on-going professional development programs for agencies, including serving as the in-house professional development advisor for fifteen years at a global PR firm. Beryl has worked with the PR Council since 2015.