About the Episode
Today we look back on one incredible year of the SHEQUALITY Podcast. We’ve welcomed so many influential PR professionals to the show and hosted lively discussions on an array of hot topics. So what does the new year hold for SHEQUALITY and the future of the PR industry? Tune in and find out.
- As an industry, we need to keep advancing our cause and making sure we are relevant to our clients by making sure they are relevant to their customers and employees.
- When we focus on the earned part of our work, the other communications functions work harder.
- We have a responsibility as PR professionals to make sure we don’t contribute to fake news.
- Curiosity is your best weapon for your career. Pay attention to what’s happening around you and then share what you observe. When you can tie together the things you observe, you are relevant.
- Writing skills are what separate the best from the rest in a communications career. If your writing isn’t on par, take a writing class.
- Ladies, learn to speak up for yourself and stop saying apologizing – unless you are late.
- If you see something in the workplace that you think is wrong, say something in a professional way and suggest a solution.
About the host:
Lee Caraher, CEO of Double Forte, a national PR & Digital Communications Firm, is on the PR Council’s Board of Directors.
An acclaimed communication strategist, she’s known for her practical solutions to big problems. She founded Double Forte in 2002, after learning the ropes at The Weber Group, MSL/LA, and WeberShandwick, she also served 5 years as VP, Communications & Customer Service at SEGA. She founded Double Forte in 2002 and hasn’t looked back since.
Lee’s the author of two business leadership books, Millennials & Management and The Boomerang Principle. She is also the host of the career advice podcast MillennialMinded.
Listen to episodes:
Episode 1: Renee Wilson, President, PR Council
Episode 4: Gail Heimann, President of Weber Shandwick
Episode 5: Dale Bornstein, CEO, M Booth
Episode 7: Jennifer Cohan, President, New York, Edelman
Episode 10: Julie Batliner, President, Carmichael Lynch
Episode 13: Heidi Hovland, CEO, DeVries Global
Episode 14: Barbara Bates, Global CEO, Hotwire
Episode 15: Maggie Zeman, SVP & GM New York, Double Forte
Episode 16: Sabrina Horn, Senior Advisor, Finn Partners
Episode 20: Helen Shelton, Senior Partner, Finn Partners
Episode 23: Barri Rafferty, CEO, Ketchum
Episode 27: Bill Orr, Chief Strategy Officer, Double Forte
Episode 29: Kim Sample, President, PR Council
Episode 32: What Can You Do to Take Control of Your Career (Best of SHEQUALITY)
Episode 33: Dwayna Haley, Vice President, Porter Novelli
Episode 34: Don’t Lose Your Relevancy (Featuring Bee Brown)
Episode 36: Happy Anniversary #MeToo (Featuring Matt Harrington)
Episode 37: Woke at Work (Featuring Donna LaVoie)
Episode 30: SHEQUALITY Review (Featuring Lee Caraher)
Stay tuned for episodes from