Day 1: Wednesday, February 28, 2:30–5 p.m. ET
Day 2: Thursday, February 29, 2:30–5 p.m. ET
First-time people managers, with less than 3 years of experience, are invited to join “Leadership Skills for First-Time People Managers,” a two-day virtual, interactive program designed for PR Council Member firms.
New people managers will gain skills to lead diverse teams amid change, distributed work and disruption. The program will focus on conscious awareness of the macro-environment, organization and team as pillars in effective people management. Participants will gain practical tools to amplify team engagement and build a culture of development and belonging.
To ensure a safe, connected learning environment, the maximum capacity for the program will be 30 managers.
Throughout the program, new people managers will:
- Understand how to manage consciously through the 3Rs framework: recognize, respond and resolve.
- Discover personal strengths as a driver in managing and leading people.
- Uncover what it looks like to shift from peer to manager.
- Discover how to manage for performance and potential.
- Explore how to give and receive feedback.
- Create an individualized people manager development plan to support mindset, actions, and behaviors that build trust, connection, engagement, and innovation within teams.
Chelsea C. WilliamsFounder & CEO, Reimagine Talent
Chelsea C. Williams is a passionate entrepreneur, workplace educator, and mentor to the next generation workforce.
As the Founder and CEO of Reimagine Talent Co., she and her team support employers, education institutions, and nonprofits in spearheading multi-generational workforce and talent development solutions rooted in belonging.
She is a frequent contributor to media outlets like CNBC, Fast Company, Investment News, Insider, and Forbes on managing and leading multi-generational teams and engaging and developing Generation Z.
Prior to founding Reimagine Talent, Chelsea spent a decade on Wall Street in Global Human Resources at Lazard and Barclays in New York City.
Chelsea has served the PR Council as an UNBIAS facilitator and consultant to several Member agencies on topics related to managing and leading people and diversity, equity and inclusion.
In 2023, Chelsea was named a national Entrepreneurial Woman of Impact by JP Morgan Chase Commercial Banking and the Women Presidents Organization (WPO).
Chelsea is based in Raleigh, North Carolina.