The hallmark of every successful agency is an unwavering commitment to exceptional client service. But figuring out what that looks like and delivering on that promise is a daily challenge. Clients can be unpredictable, hard to read and even harder to please.
In this session, we’ll take a deep dive into the art and science of advising clients. We’ll focus on how to strengthen your people-reading skills to better understand what clients are thinking. We’ll talk through practical strategies and tools that can help you hone your advising skills and deliver the level of client service your agency promises, and your clients expect.
For junior client service team members. Free for PRC Members.
Specifically, we’ll cover:
- Neuroscience-based principles that help you understand what’s going on in the minds of others;
- How to spot the clues that will tell you what your clients are really thinking;
- Nine traits to know about every client before the engagement begins;
- Simple ways to improve your client intake process that will help you minimize client push-back down the line;
- Application exercise to identify your triggers and the triggers of others;
- The right questions to ask that will move your client engagements forward faster;
- Five steps to build greater trust plus conversation starters.
Elise MitchellFounder, Velocity Collective and Mitchell Communications Group
Elise is an experienced CEO, board director and entrepreneur with more than 25 years of experience steering leaders and their companies through complex business challenges. She is the founder of Mitchell Communications Group, which was named a top 10 fastest-growing PR firm globally and a two-time Inc. 500/5000 fastest-growing company. Under her leadership, her agency grew more than 500% in five years working with global brands including Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Hilton Hotels and Tyson Foods. In 2013, Elise led a strategic sale of the agency to Dentsu, taking on a global role to lead corporate development for the holding company’s PR investments. In 2019, she launched her own executive coaching and business consultancy.
Recognition of her accomplishments includes: Agency Professional of the Year (PRWeek), a Top 50 Power Player in Public Relations (PRWeek), Entrepreneur of the Year (NAFE), and induction into the International Communications Consultancy Organization (ICCO) Hall of Fame. Her firm was twice named Agency of the Year (PRovoke and PRWeek).
Elise is the author of “Leading Through the Turn” (McGraw Hill), endorsed by John Maxwell. She is a keynote speaker, chair of a TIGER 21 cohort for ultra-high-net-worth individuals and serves as an independent board director. When she’s not working with clients, you can find Elise motorcycling with her husband, running the trails near their home or planning their next journey off the beaten path.